Global Counsel (we) are committed to protecting and respecting the privacy of every user of the Global Counsel website, subscriber to Global Counsel materials and publications.
Your privacy and security are highly important to us and we adhere to the principals of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act).
The Data Controller is: Global Counsel, 5 Welbeck Street, London W1G 9YQ
Information we may collect
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by completing forms on our site: www.global-counsel.co.uk. This includes information provided at the time of subscribing to our services, posting material, saving material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our sites.
- Records of correspondence you have with us.
- Details of your visits to our sites (including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data) and the resources that you access.
- IP addresses We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system, browser type and location, for system administration and tuning. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
- Cookies For the same reason, we may obtain information about your usage of our sites by using a "cookie" which is managed by your internet browser and stored on your computer. We use HTTP cookies to help us to improve our sites and to deliver a better and more personalised service. Some of the cookies we use are essential for the site to operate.
Where we store your personal data
The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do everything feasibly possible to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our sites; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Uses made of the Information
The information that we hold about you may be used in the following ways:
- To provide you with content, information, products or services that you either requested from us, or we feel may be of interest to you, where you have consented to be contacted.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to other members of Global Counsel.
We will never pass your details to third parties in order for them to contact you, unless you have consented to be contacted in this way, except in a narrow set of circumstances described below.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets
- if Global Counsel or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about our customers will be one of the transferred assets
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Global Counsel
You have the right to ask Global Counsel not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will inform you (before collecting your data), if we intend to use your data for such purposes. If you no longer wish for your details to be used for marketing purposes, either:
- follow the appropriate links on communications to amend your preferences.
- contact Global Counsel to request these changes using the contact details stated below.
The Global Counsel Website may contain links to and from external websites outside of the control of Global. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request will be subject to a fee to meet our costs in providing you with information about the data we hold.
5 Welbeck Street, London, W1G 9YQ
+44 20 3667 6500